All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA 4 Story Collection containing the following 4 stories: When There Was One: It is the year 2039, less than two years after the Cleansing. These are the times kwn as the Great Wastetime. Humanity has been visited by some force that has decimated their numbers to under one billion living souls. And it's getting worse. Violence has been banned. Just the thought of committing an act of violence can w end in your death. Quickly, silently, your heart just stops. You drop dead before you can pull the trigger. One man, an emaciated soul survivor tells the weary tale to a reporter. But there's something about the reporter than seems strange. He looks familiar. Can You Please Be Quiet: Specialist Riley is on his second tour in some godforsaken place in the Middle East. He can't remember where it is. He's four months into a six month tour. Though he hears the tour might be extended to twelve months. He hears a lot of things. Most of them aren't true, and most of them take place in his crumbling mind. In the course of an hour Riley's fireteam makes it into the City in Ruins for a reconnaissance. And in the space of this one hour all hell breaks loose and air support is required. How many of the three of them make it out alive? How many are left for dead at their own hand. An unapologetic look into the madness of war and the toll it takes on the mental health of our soldiers. My Son And I: An old man waits patiently for his son's visit. He is t disappointed. His son has come to visit. His son has served his country well and become a successful businessman in his own right. They walk in the park, listening to the birds, enjoying the warm summer sun and the cool breeze on their faces. The old man reminisces about his family and the wonderful gifts life has blessed him with. But with age time gives gifts but takes much of the vigour that was once youth. A story exploring age, family and relationships through the tender love of a father and his son. Forever Famine: What if zombies were real? In a dystopian future, humanity is trying to rebuild itself from the edge of oblivion. A recovering zombie tells the tale of humanity's close call with extinction. The thing is, we brought it upon ourselves. We ate up the whole planet, and what we didn't eat we poisoned. And then the hunger set in and the long fourteen years of the Forever Famine. That's when some of us, the survivors became zombies. It was the only way to survive. The Choosy Ones died out. The ones who couldn't come to terms with the reality. But the survivors, the zombies, well...they wished they hadn't survived.
- Author BiographyJason Blacker was born in Cape Town but spent most of his first 18 years in Johannesburg. His thirst for justice and peace for all humanity was formed in the African sun. Currently he lives in Canada. He writes hard boiled as well as cozy mysteries, action adventure, thrillers and literary fiction under his own name. Jason Blacker also writes poetry and daily haikus at his haiku blog. You can find his haikus and other poetry at his website www.haiqueue.com. To stay up to date and learn about new releases be sure to visit www.jasonblacker.com where you can find more information about his writing and upcoming projects. If you enjoy space opera in the tradition of Star Trek then take a look at Jason Blacker's pen name Sylynt Storme. It is under the name Sylynt Storme where you can find both sci-fi and vampire fiction written by Jason Blacker. Star Sails is the space opera series and The Misgivings of the Vampire Lucius Lafayette is his vampire series.
- Author(s)Jason Blacker
- PublisherLemon Tree Publishing
- Date of Publication03/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLemon Tree Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.