Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $221.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $134.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFluency with Information Techlogy: Skills, Concepts, and Capabilities is intended for use in the introduction to Computer Science course. It is also suitable for readers who wish to become fluent with information techlogy. ' Fluency with Information Techlogyequips readers who are already familiar with computers, the Internet, and the World Wide Web with a deeper understanding of the broad capabilities of techlogy. Through a project-oriented learning approach that uses examples and realistic problem-solving scenarios, Larry Snyder teaches readers to navigate information techlogy independently and become effective users of today's resources, forming a foundation of skills they can adapt to their personal and career goals as future techlogies emerge. ' Teaching and Learning Experience This program presents a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. *Skills, Concepts, and Capabilities Promote Lifelong Learning: Three types of content prepare students to adapt to an ever-changing computing environment.* Topics are Explained in Contemporary Terms Consistent with Student Experience: The text has been rewritten to accommodate how students encounter computation, positioning the presentation squarely in the second decade of the 21st century.*Engaging Features Encourage Students to become Fluent with Information Techlogy: Interesting hints, tips, exercises, and backgrounds are located throughout the text.*Student and Instructor Resources Enhance Learning: Supplements are available to expand on the topics presented in the text.
- Author BiographyLarry Snyder was the chairman of the National Research Council's (NRC) committee that issued the report, Being Fluent with Information Technology. It is this NRC committee funded by the National Science Foundation that identified the three types of knowledge needed in Fluency. Larry received his BA in 1968 from the University of Iowa and his Ph.D. in 1973 at Carnegie Mellon. He taught at schools such as Yale, MIT, Harvard, and Syndey University before settling down at the University of Washington in 1983, where he is currently a professor of computer science and engineering.
- Author(s)Lawrence Snyder
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Out-of-print date03/09/2014
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1450 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement6th edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.