All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCengel and Cimbala's Fluid Mechanics Fundamentals and Applications, communicates directly with tomorrow's engineers in a simple yet precise manner. The text covers the basic principles and equations of fluid mechanics in the context of numerous and diverse real-world engineering examples. The text helps students develop an intuitive understanding of fluid mechanics by emphasizing the physics, using figures, numerous photographs and visual aids to reinforce the physics. The highly visual approach enhances the learning of Fluid mechanics by students. This text distinguishes itself from others by the way the material is presented - in a progressive order from simple to more difficult, building each chapter upon foundations laid down in previous chapters. In this way, even the traditionally challenging aspects of fluid mechanics can be learned effectively. McGraw-Hill Education's Connect, is also available as an optional, add on item. Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, how they need it, so that class time is more effective. Connect allows the professor to assign homework, quizzes, and tests easily and automatically grades and records the scores of the student's work. Problems are randomized to prevent sharing of answers an may also have a multi-step solution which helps move the students' learning along if they experience difficulty.
- Author BiographyYunus A. Cengel is Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno. He received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Istanbul Technical University and his M.S. and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from North Carolina State University. His areas of interest are renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy policies, heat transfer enhancement, and engineering education. He served as the Director of the Industrial Assessment Center (IAC) at the University of Nevada, Reno, from 1996 to 2000. He has led teams of engineering students to numerous manufacturing facilities in Northern Nevada and California to perform industrial assessments, and has prepared energy conservation, waste minimization, and productivity enhancement reports for them. He has also served as an advisor for various government organizations and corporations. Dr. Cengel is also the author or coauthor of the widely adopted textbooks Fundamentals of Thermal-Fluid Sciences, Heat and Mass Transfer: Fundamentals and Applications, and Introduction to Thermodynamics, all published by McGraw-Hill Education. Some of his textbooks have been translated into Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Italian, Greek, and French. Dr. Cengel is the recipient of several outstanding teacher awards, and he has received the ASEE Meriam/Wiley Distinguished Author Award for excellence in authorship in 1992 and again in 2000. Dr. Cengel is a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Nevada, and is a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE). John M. Cimbala insegna presso la Pennsylvania State University.
- Author(s)John M. Cimbala,Yunus A. Cengel
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight4 g
- Width215 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.