All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive textbook covers the basic concepts of fluid mechanics and hydraulic machines. It is organised into sixteen chapters. The first twelve chapters focus on the conceptual aspects of fluids mechanics; the remaining four chapters examine the details of hydraulic machines. The book is supplemented with a solutions manual for instructors containing detailed solutions of all chapter-end unsolved problems. Primarily intended as a text for undergraduate students of civil, mechanical, chemical and aeronautical engineering, this book will also be of use to postgraduate students of hydraulics engineering, water resources engineering, and fluids engineering. The book describes all concepts in easy-to-grasp language with diagrammatic representation and practical examples. A selection of worked-out examples are included, helping to illustrate the range of applications of fluid mechanics. Every chapter includes a summary that presents the main idea and relevant details of the topics discussed. Most chapters incorporate objective type questions, along with answers and in-depth explanations. A set of theoretical questions and numerous unsolved numerical problems are provided at chapter-end. Each chapter includes suggested reading.
- Author BiographyManish Kumar Goyal, PhD, is Assistant Professor in Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India. Earlier, he worked at McGill University, Montreal, Canada and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore. Dr. Goyal is actively involved in teaching and research in different areas such as water resources modelling, snowmelt hydrology, climate change, and extreme events analysis and soil carbon sequestration. He has authored more than 65 technical publications, including four chapters in books, 40 refereed (peer-reviewed) journal articles and 21 conference publications. Recently, he has been awarded the Inspire Faculty Fellowship Award and the Erasmus Mundus Interweave Award. Earlier, he has been offered the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Fellowship Program to pursue research at the University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, and has won the Young Scientist Award from the APEC Climate Centre, Busan, Republic of Korea. He has also been recipient of the Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Award to pursue research at the University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Canada. Dr. Goyal is the member of editorial board of about half a dozen journals. He has been peer reviewer for more than 60 papers in about 20 international journals, including Journal of Hydrology and International Journal of Climatology.
- Author(s)Manish Kumar Goyal
- PublisherPHI Learning
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPHI Learning
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.