All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis text, written as an introduction to fluid mechanics for students of all engineering disciplines, emphasizes fluid flow phemena and their modelling. The level of mathematics is kept at the minimum so that a student can pay full attention to the complexities of the fundamental physical concepts and develop a physical feel of the subject. Common misapplications, misunderstandings and over-generalizations made by students are anticipated and cautioned against. Relatively newer and simpler treatments have been used in several topics such as Euler acceleration formula, Reylds transport theorem and Berulli equation, and a new unified treatment of modelling, similitude and the basis of approximations has been presented. A preview of fluid flow phemena in Chapter 1 and an overview in the epilogue are included. A whole array of applications from diverse engineering disciplines has been introduced through numerous solved examples and over five hundred carefully graded problems. In this new edition, Chapter 9 on Similitude and Modelling has been re-written so as to make it easier to understand, and suggestions of several users have been incorporated.
- Author BiographyVijay Gupta is currently Director, G D Goenka World Institute, Sohna, India. A graduate of IIT Delhi in Mechanical Engineering in 1968, he completed his Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Minnesota in 1972. He joined IIT, Kanpur as a faculty member in 1973 and was there till recently. While at IIT, Kanpur, he went on a short sabbatical as a Visiting Professor at the University of Minnesota, and on deputations to head the school of Engineering and IT at South Asia International University, Hyderabad, and to head Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh as its Director/Vice-Chancellor. He was then Vice-Chancellor of Lovely Professional University at Jalandhar, India.He has authored 12 books published by international publishers. Santosh K Gupta is Professor of Chemical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India. A graduate of the same institute, he obtained his PhD from the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA, in 1972. His research interests include modelling, optimization and on-line optimal control of polymerization reactors, and modelling and multi-objective optimization (using genetic algorithm) of chemical engineering systems. He has published over 200 papers in these areas, and has also authored/co-authored the textbooks, Fundamentals of Polymer Science and Engineering, Momentum Transfer Operations, Fluid Mechanics and its Applications, Reaction Engineering of Step-Growth Polymerizations, and Mathematical Methods in Chemical and Environmental Engineering. He has been Visiting Professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, IN, USA (1985-87), National University of Singapore (1998-99), University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA (1999-2000), and IIT Bombay, Mumbai (2008-2010), where he was the L & T Chair Professor of Chemical Engineering. He has received several awards and honours.
- Author(s)Santosh K. Gupta,Vijay Gupta
- PublisherNew Academic Science Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Academic Science Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width183 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.