Fluid-Structure Interactions: Slender Structures and Axial Flow: v. 2 by Michael P. Paidoussis (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $224.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $340.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second of two volumes concentrating on the dynamics of slender bodies within or containing axial flow, Volume 2 covers fluid-structure interactions relating to shells, cylinders and plates containing or immersed in axial flow, as well as slender structures subjected to annular and leakage flows. This volume has been thoroughly updated to reference the latest developments in the field, with a continued emphasis on the understanding of dynamical behaviour and analytical methods needed to provide long-term solutions and validate the latest computational methods and codes, with increased coverage of computational techniques and numerical methods, particularly for the solution of n-linear three-dimensional problems. * Provides an in-depth review of an extensive range of fluid-structure interaction topics, with detailed real-world examples and thorough referencing throughout for additional detail* Organized by structure and problem type, allowing you to dip into the sections that are relevant to the particular problem you are facing, with numerous appendices containing the equations relevant to specific problems* Supports development of long-term solutions by focusing on the fundamentals and mechanisms needed to understand underlying causes and operating conditions under which apparent solutions might t prove effective
- Author BiographyMichael Pa doussis is the Thomas Workman Emeritus Professor of Mechanical Engineering at McGill University and a Fellow of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering (CSME), the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the Royal Society of Canada, the Canadian Academy of Engineering and the American Academy of Mechanics (AAM). He is the Founding Editor of the Journal of Fluids and Structures, as of 1986. He has won the ASME Fluids Engineering Award in 1999 and the CANCAM prize in 1995. His principal research interests are in fluid-structure interactions, flow-induced vibrations, aero- and hydroelasticity, dynamics, nonlinear dynamics and chaos, all areas in which he is recognized as a leading expert.
- Author(s)Michael P. Paidoussis
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication08/01/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight2109 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.