All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the time-hored foundations of the practice of pediatric medicine is the understanding and application of the principles of fluid, electrolyte and acid-base disorders. Presented in a new softcover format, Fluid and Electrolytes in Pediatrics: A Comprehensive Handbook brings together a select group of authors who share a passion and an appreciation of the contributions of pioneers in pediatric medicine and an expertise for their respective areas in a new softcover edition. The volume provides in-depth discussions of the basic functioning of the kidneys, skin and the lungs. Each chapter describes the etiology and demographics, biological mechanisms, patient presentation characteristics, therapy options and consequences of optimal treatment as well as delayed treatment. Fluid and Electrolytes in Pediatrics: A Comprehensive Handbook provides health professionals in many areas of research and practice with the most up-to-date, accessible, and well referenced volume on the importance of the maintenance of fluid and electrolyte concentrations in the pediatric population, especially under acute care.
- Author BiographyLeonard G. Feld, MD, PhD, MMM, FAAP, is the Sara H. Bissell & Howard C. Bissell Endowed Chair in Pediatrics and Chief Medical Officer at the Levine Children's Hospital at Carolinas Medical Center, and Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at UNC School of Medicine The Levine Children's Hospital is the largest children's hospital between Washington DC and Atlanta with 12 floors and 234 beds. Prior to joining the Carolinas Healthcare System, Dr. Feld was chairman of pediatrics for the Atlantic Health System and physician-in-chief of the Goryeb Children's Hospital in New Jersey from 1997 to 2006. He was also Professor of Pediatrics at UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School. Prior to 1997, he served as Chief of Pediatric Nephrology in the Department of Pediatrics at Children's Hospital in Buffalo, vice chairman of pediatrics and professor of pediatrics at the State University of New York at the Buffalo School of Medicine. Dr. Feld received his medical degree and Ph.D. from the State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine. He continued his post-graduate training in pediatrics and pediatric nephrology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. Dr. Feld also has a Masters in Medical Management from Carnegie Mellon University. Dr. Feld has published 120 articles, 45 monographs/chapters, an editor or contributing editor to 9 books, and 103 abstracts. He is co-editor of the textbook - Fast Facts in Pediatrics and is co-editor-in-chief of Consensus in Pediatrics. He is also co-editor for an issue of Pediatric Clinics of North American on Pediatric Quality to be published in August 2009. His new textbook - Handbook of Fluid and Electrolytes in Pediatrics is to be published by Humana Press (Springer). He also serves on the editorial board of Pediatrics in Review (American Academy of Pediatrics) and is a member of the Board of Directors of Horizon Blue Cross/ Blue Shield of New Jersey. Dr. Feld is listed in the Best Doctors in America, How to Find the Best Doctors and A Guide to America's Top Pediatricians. His areas of clinical interest include diabetic nephropathy, hypertension and fluid/electrolyte management in pediatrics. Dr. Frederick J. Kaskel is a renowned national and international physician-investigator in the field of Nephrology. He is a Pediatric Nephrologist and a past President of the American Society of Pediatric Nephrology, a Professor of Pediatrics at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, a Vice Chairman of Pediatrics and Director of the Division of Pediatric Nephrology at the Children's Hospital at Montefiore, and Director of the National Institutes of Health supported Training Program in Pediatric Nephrology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, where he received his Residency training in pediatrics and nephrology. Dr. Kaskel was a co-chairman of the important FSGS in Children Task Force created by the National Institutes of Health in 2000 to discuss plans for the current FSGS clinical trials funded by the National Institute of Health. He is the Chairman of the Council of Pediatric Nephrology and Urology of the Kidney and Urology Foundation of America, a former Chairman of the Enuresis Committee of the National Kidney Foundation, and the Congress President for the 15th Congress of the International Pediatric Nephrology Association to be held in New York City in August, 2010. He is also the Medical Director of the Ruth Gottscho Children's Kidney Program at Frost Valley YMCA, which allows children on dialysis, in CKD or who have received a kidney transplant to mainstream at summer camp. He is listed in the Best Doctors in New York and America, and has received numerous recognitions included Distinguished Alumni of Monmouth College (Illinois) and the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. He is the Principal Investigator on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) multi-center clinical study of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) in children and co-PI on the Chronic Kidney Dise
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/12/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleNutrition and Health
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note81 black & white tables, biography
- Weight2120 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byFrederick Kaskel,Leonard G. Feld
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2010
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.