Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis logbook allows you to record your catches, the flies you used, the water and weather conditions and much more, providing a unique record of your fly fishing progress at the end of each season and a valuable personal record of your trips to the water. But more than that, with each logbook entry you will see patterns emerging. You will be able to identify both successful tactics and methods that didn't work, building a picture of just where and how you might improve your catch rate.The second part of the book is your key to improvement, as it takes you through the skills and kwledge required for successful fly fishing: water and weather conditions; tackle to use for different species; flies and presentation; kts and how to tie them; fly fishing around the world; and conservation and the future.Nobody ever said that fly fishing was easy. It creates fantastic challenges but the rewards can be truly memorable. One of the great advantages of the sport is that there is plenty of scope to improve - and you can do this on your own. One vital way of figuring out why you were successful or t is to understand the conditions well and kw your equipment.
- Author BiographyTerry Lawton is a passionate fisherman who fishes primarily for trout, pike and grayling. He is the author of Nymph Fishing: A History of the Art and Practice, Fly Fishing Journal, and Fly Fishing on Rivers and Streams, and is a regular contributor to the online fly fishing magazine Fish & Fly, writing articles, reviewing tackle and books, and answering questions on all aspects of fly fishing. Terry ties all his own flies and enjoys building fly rods.
- Author(s)Terry Lawton
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Content Note170 colour photographs & 60 line drawings & charts
- Width142 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.