Fly Fishing the Louisiana Coast: The Complete Guide to Tactics and Techniques, from Lake Charles to the Mississippi River Delta by Pete Cooper (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreat fishing in great settings with great people and great food, too! Where else can you catch tarpon, eat authentic jambalaya, and dance to zydeco, all in one day? This is the first, and definitive, guide to saltwater fly fishing in Louisiana-inshore, coastal, and offshore. This where-to, how-to guide's coverage begins on the western edge of Cajun Country, in the Lake Charles region, and extends east to the Mississippi River Delta. Louisiana harbors an amazing range of fish: redfish, specks, flounder, tripletail, cobia, tarpon, crevalle jacks, and Spanish mackerel, even largemouth bass, and the author cues you in to what gear to bring, from rod to fly, and provides essential information on local guides; marinas; sporting goods; outfitters; suggestions for sightseeing on your fishing down time; accommodations, from motels to plantation beds; and venues for authentic regional good eating and music. Many of Louisiana's year-round saltwater opportunities, both offshore and inshore, were developed in the past 10 years. In that time, there's been a growth of fly fishing in the state, and catch-and-release has replaced the ice-chest as a measure of fishing success. Whether you're sight-casting, blind-casting, surfcasting, or casting from your mud-boat, here's your chance to hook into your biggest fish ever. Conventioneers and revelers alike in the Big Easy-pack your rod for your next trip, and get out and fish!
- Author BiographyPete Cooper, Jr. has spent the better part of the past 40 years fishing. Elected to the Louisiana Sportsman's Hall of Fame in 2003, Cooper has taught statewide seminars on fly fishing and has published numerous articles in state, regional and national magazines. He is considered a pioneer of saltwater fly fishing in Louisiana. He's held several state fly-fishing records, published almost 500 magazine articles, and is the author of Redfish and Fly Fishing the Louisiana Coast. He lives in Broussard, LA.
- Author(s)Pete Cooper
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication02/11/2004
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Note40 black-and-white photos, 8 maps
- Weight420 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.