All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn July 1, 2012, flight instructors Meredith and Dana Holladay left the Washington, D.C. suburbs behind to see America from the cockpit of their 1938 Piper J-3 Cub. Packing little more than a few changes of clothes and a camera, the couple set out to celebrate their marriage and to encourage others to never give up when faced with life's most difficult challenges. By the time they completed their trip on August 24, 2012, they had traveled more than 8,000 miles, landed in all 48 contiguous United States, and learned some news that would forever change their lives. The Holladays are a testament to the power of the human spirit to overcome adversity and thrive against all odds. As pilots, they kw that the successful outcome of any flight depends almost entirely on their ability to maintain control of the airplane, to keep flying it, matter what happens. Fly The Airplane is more than just the title of the couple's first book - it is a survival philosophy for all who endure pain and suffering, and a strategy for all who seek to live a rich and rewarding life. Reviews: Fly The Airplane is a very personal, honest and brave memoir. I love the way Meredith and Dana use aviation as a metaphor for life. It resonates with me and my own life experiences. And of course, the writing is excellent. -- Patty Wagstaff, three-time U.S. National Aerobatic Champion and member of the Women in Aviation International Hall of Fame To follow Meredith and Dana's continuing adventures and to view their photo gallery, visit www.holladayaviation.com. Cover photo courtesy of Travis Jay Brown Photography, www.travisjaybrown.com.
- Author BiographyMeredith and Dana Holladay are flight instructors. They have logged more than 9,000 combined hours flying and teaching in a wide variety of airplanes from ultralights to twin-engine business aircraft.
- Author(s)Meredith Tcherniavsky Holladay
- PublisherHolladay Aviation
- Date of Publication21/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHolladay Aviation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.