All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFlying the Dragon tells the story of two cousins in alternating chapters. American-born Skye is a good student and a star soccer player who never really gives any thought to the fact that her father is Japanese. Her cousin, Hiroshi, lives in Japan, and never really gives a thought to his uncles family living in the U.S. Their lives are thrown together when Hiroshis family, with his grandfather (who is also his best friend), have to move to the U.S. suddenly. Skye resents that she is w t Japanese eugh, and yet the friends shes kwn forever abruptly realize she is other. Hiroshi has a hard time adjusting to life in a new culture, and resents Skyes intrusions on his time with Grandfather. Through all of this is woven Hiroshis expertise, and Skyes growing interest in, kite making and competitive kite flying, culminating in a contest at the annual Washington Cherry Blossom Festival.
- Author(s)Natalie Dias Lorenzi
- PublisherCharlesbridge Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCharlesbridge Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kelly Murphy
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.