All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFOCUS Psychiatry Review, Volume 2, DSM-5 Revised Edition, contains 400 board-type multiple-choice questions derived from material in the annual FOCUS examinations, which can help psychiatrists prepare for examinations and identify areas for further study. This edition has been updated for consistency with DSM-5. These questions, developed by the FOCUS Editorial Board, are consistent in form and process with the questions used by high-stakes examinations. They cover important clinical areas of psychiatric practice and closely follow the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) outline of topics for the recertification examination in psychiatry. FOCUS Psychiatry Review is designed to test current kwledge and its clinical application. The workbook is flexible in format, allowing readers to use the educational approach that works best for them. Readers can review resource materials prior to answering questions, or they can use the workbook to review the references listed in the critiques after scoring test sections. The workbook will be useful for anyone committed to lifelong learning in the field - practicing psychiatrists, psychiatric residents, and psychiatrists preparing for examinations. The FOCUS Psychiatry Review, Volume 2, DSM-5 Revised Edition; Contains 400 clinical questions that can be used to identify areas of strength and weakness; Provides up-to-date critiques and current references to facilitate further study; Complements a larger overall program of lifelong learning for the psychiatrist who wants to keep current in the field This volume covers the following topics: Anxiety Disorders; Child and Adolescent Psychiatry; Disorders of Sleep, Eating, and Sex; Ethics and Professionalism; Genetics and Gemics; Geriatric Psychiatry; Mood Disorders; Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder; Personality and Temperament; Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Disaster Psychiatry; Psychopharmacology; Psychosomatic Medicine; Psychotherapy; Schizophrenia; Substance Use Disorders American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Program start date: February 2011Program review date: June 2014Program end date: June 2017 APA designates this enduring material for a maximum of 50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits(t). Physicians should claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Author BiographyDeborah J. Hales, M.D., is Director of the Division of Education at the American Psychiatric Association in Arlington, Virginia. Mark Hyman Rapaport, M.D., is Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, and Chief of Psychiatric Services at Emory Healthcare in Atlanta, Georgia.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication06/10/2014
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Press Inc.
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDeborah J. Hales,Mark Hyman Rapaport
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.