All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
About this product
- DescriptionSteve Staley and Constance Staley's FOCUS ON COLLEGE AND CAREER SUCCESS is uniquely equipped to turn the tides regarding retention among first-year college students, particularly at career, technical, and proprietary schools. Visually appealing, research-based, and highly motivational, this text thoroughly engages students with direct applications and immediate results. Steve Staley has been teaching at Colorado Technical University for 30 years and is intimately familiar with the specialized student needs of career and technical students. Constance Staley, one of the best-kwn names in the field of motivation and student engagement, provides a wealth of tools to help students of varied learning styles succeed in their first year of college and beyond. Thoroughly researched, the text covers the topics most important to student success and incorporates the underlying themes of professionalism, motivation, and self-discipline throughout. Rather than talking down to students or speaking over their heads, FOCUS ON COLLEGE AND CAREER SUCCESS initiates a personal and informal conversation with readers, directly connecting them with and drawing them into text discussions.
- Author BiographyDr. Steve Staley is Professor of English and Humanities at Colorado Technical University, where in 2001 he originated, taught, and directed CTU's College Success course. Dr. Staley graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy and earned his M.A. and Ph.D. in English from the University of Colorado. As Assistant Dean of Faculty and Professor of English at the U.S. Air Force Academy, Dr. Staley administered the Academy's successful Rhodes Scholarship program, directed faculty development, developed the First-Year Seminar Interdisciplinary Education at the Academy (IDEA) program, and originated a critically acclaimed course in Physics and Literature. As a Professor of Strategy at the U.S. Naval War College, he also served as a Research Fellow with the United Nations International Peace Academy, authoring The United Nations and Naval Peacekeeping, and co-authoring with Dr. Constance Staley Communicating in Business and The Professions: The Inside Word. As Director of Advising at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Dr. Staley helped develop the school's new First-Year Seminar program. Following a one-year Fulbright Fellowship teaching in Kyrgyzstan, he has served CTU for over 20 years as Dean of Academics, Director of Faculty Development, and Director of General Education. Constance Staley is a Professor of Communication at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, where she has directed the First-Year Seminar Program for nearly 25 of her 40 years in higher education. An award-winning teacher, Dr. Staley is the author of a multimedia training package for first-year seminar instructors, as well as the ground-breaking resource manual 50 Ways to Leave Your Lectern. A well-known name in FYE circles, Staley is a leader in faculty development nation-wide. During a three-year leave from the University of Colorado, Dr. Staley joined an East Coast Fortune 500 company to design and deliver its management and supervisory training. She also represented the university as a Fulbright Fellow, teaching in the former Soviet Union in 1996. Dr. Staley earned a B.A. in education from Ball State University, and an M.A. in linguistics and Ph.D. in communication from the University of Colorado, Boulder. She is the author of Focus on College Success, Focus on Community College Success, and Focus on College Success Concise for Cengage Learning, and the co-author of Focus on College and Career Success with Steve Staley.
- Author(s)Constance Staley,Steve Staley
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight748 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.