All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionBefitting its status as Germany's premier fighter unit, von Richthofen's JG I (led by Hermann Goring in the wake of the 'Red Baron's recent death) received the first examples of the D VII to reach the frontline in late April. Built to oppose the new generation of French SPAD XIIIs and British SE 5as and Carnel fighters, the D VII was arguably the best all-round fighting scour of the Great War. This volume completes the Osprey Aircraft of the Aces coverage of arguably the best fighting scout put into the air by either side in World War I.
- Author BiographyNorman Franks is one of the world's leading authorities on World War I fighter aviation, having published some of the seminal works on the subject. He is currently working on a long list of volumes on Great War aces for Osprey's Aircraft of the Aces series. Greg VanWyngarden has had a lifelong interest in World War I aviation, and has been particularly active in deciphering the colours and markings that decorated the various German fighters flown by the leading aces. This is his third book for Osprey, having co-authored Aircraft of the Aces 40: 'Fokker Dr I Aces of World War I' (2001) and Aircraft of the Aces 53: 'Fokker D Aces of World War I: Pt I' (2002) with Norman Franks. Berkshire-based Harry Dempsey is a talented profile artist who specialises in fighter aircraft of World War I. He has illustrated all of Osprey's World War I Aircraft of the Aces titles to date.
- Author(s)Greg VanWyngarden,Norman Franks
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/06/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleAircraft of the Aces
- Series Part/Volume Number63
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note100 b&w and 40 colour illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.