All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBoldly illustrated and superbly translated, Folk Legends from To captures the spirit of Japanese peasant culture undergoing rapid transformation into the modern era. This is the first time these 299 tales have been published in English. Morse's insightful interpretation of the tales, his rich cultural antations, and the evocative original illustrations make this book unforgettable.
- Author BiographyYanagita Kunio (1875-1962) was the founder of Japanese folklore studies. Sasaki Kizen (1886-1933) was a native of Tono and an avid collector of folk legends. Together they compiled and published The Legends of Tono in Japanese. Ronald A. Morse was Terasaki Professor of Japanese Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is currently a director of the Sangikyo Corporation.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white halftones, 1 maps
- Weight376 g
- Width158 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.