All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionFolk Style explores and celebrates the joys of living-and knitting-in an ever-shrinking world. Just like food, knitting inspiration has gone global; the idea of fusion has leapt confidently from the dinner plate to the knitting needles. Join talented top designers including Kristin Nicholas, Kate Gilbert, Annie Modesitt, Pam Allen, Leigh Radford, and more as they reinterpret ethnic and global influences into today's fresh styles. Within the pages of Folk Style knitters will find items for women, children, babies, and the home. Patterns include a patchwork jacket, felted mukluks, a Slavic stovetop hat, a tribal baby carrier, Fair Isle socks, Nordic star pullover, shibori neck wrap, felted gauntlets, a Mexican floor pillow, Peruvian tunic, and much, much more. Filled with luscious lifestyle photos and easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions, Folk Style has everything the knitter needs to create amazing styles. The most special feature of the Interweave Press Style series is the Design Notebook section, and Folk Style will t disappoint. This chapter will share author Mags Kandis's distinct take on color, motif, detail, and style, all drawing reference from the contributed designs. Special focus will be placed upon simple how-to and will include Fair Isle and intarsia knitting, felting, duplicate stitch and embroidery, and various other embellishing techniques. Whether it be a simple one-colored, textured pair of mittens, or a multicolored tunic, Folk Style has it wrapped up in fabulous ethnic influence.
- Author BiographyMags Kandis has a background as varied and inspiring as her current life. The joy of being able to combine the love of travel (often only armchair ), color, culture, texture, and discovery all in one passion is thrilling and Mags has been able to do this quite contently through her unique and identifiable knit designs. Mags is the head designer and consultant for Mission Falls Yarns and was previously the creative director and co-owner of the company. She lives in Ontario, Canada, with her partner and a tenacious terrier.
- Author(s)Mags Kandis
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication20/08/2007
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Out-of-print date18/12/2014
- Content Note130 colour illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width544 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.