All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionMickey Friedman's Folly is the follow-up to his first I Ching Mystery, Danger Times Two. Former New York City Detective Frank Falco is w the small town Assistant Police Chief of Ripton, Massachusetts in the heart of the Berkshire Hills. Falco is faced with a series of break-ins in the empty homes of some wealthy weekenders. These simple trespasses become complicated but with the help of his sister Katie and the ancient Chinese oracle, the I Ching, Frank navigates the confused boundaries between order and disorder, and confronts the complicated issues of crime and punishment. As with Danger Times Two, every time it was appropriate, Mickey Friedman as one of his characters would actually consult the I Ching: Katie or Tyler or Frank asking the question. And all of them bound to accept the answer. So Folly, then, is a collaboration: part Mickey Friedman, part I Ching.
- Author BiographyMickey Friedman is the author of A Red Family: Junius, Gladys, and Barbara Scales, the non-fiction oral history of a unique American Communist family, University of Illinois Press, 2009. You can learn more about it at aredfamily.com. He has made documentary films about a wide range of subjects, including U.S./Nicaraguan relations, breast cancer, GE and its misuse of PCBs, and one soldier's year in Iraq. You can watch them at mickeyfriedman.com or on YouTube. The television adaptation of his play Songs From The Heart: Edith Wharton aired on BRAVO and PBS, and was nominated in 1988 for the Best Dramatic Special on Cable TV. A copy of Songs is in the Museum of Broadcasting. He writes a newspaper column twice a month for The Berkshire Record. And is preparing a collection of these columns, The Best Small Town in America. In the meantime, many of them can be found at redcrownews.com. This is his second I Ching novel. The first Danger Times Two: An I Ching Mystery can be purchased at Amazon.com. He is about to begin his third I Ching novel.
- Author(s)MR Mickey Friedman
- PublisherRed Crow
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Crow
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.