All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe Okanagan Valley is one of Canada's most famous and beloved regions. Breathtaking scenery, temperate climates, lush farmland, opulent vineyards and bountiful orchards all combine to create a one-of-a-kind destination. The Okanagan is also home to a burgeoning scene of culinary artisans who produce an incredible variety of delicious products from the bounty afforded by the generous valley. In this comprehensive guidebook covering all 7,500 square miles of the region, discover the stories of chocolatiers and cheese makers, farmers and foragers, chefs and restauranteurs, coffee roasters and vintners. Allow yourself to be escorted from apiary to orchard, organic farm to butcher shop, cannery to cidery. Take a seat at one of the many invative farm-to-table restaurants and taste the fare of the area's most talented chefs. Visit farmers' markets, bakeries, cafes, and coffee shops, and learn the history of the Okanagan through the astonishing array of products available from today's food artisans.
- Author BiographyJennifer Cockrall-King is an award-winning food culture writer, and author of Food and the City: Urban Agriculture and the New Food Revolution. She splits her time between Edmonton and the Okanagan Valley, where she produces and runs the annual Okanagan Food and Wine Writers Workshop.
- Author(s)Jennifer Cockrall-King
- PublisherTouchWood Editions
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTouchWood Editions
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight642 g
- Width127 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.