All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the creator of the bestseller, Simpler Living, Compassionate Life: A Christian Perspective , comes Food and Faith . Food is itself a joyful gift - recall how the gift of food so often mediates the sanctity and preciousness of life. This new collection of reflections by Wendell Berry, Bill McKibben, Elizabeth Johnson, Alan Durning and others helps readers consider the moral, spiritual and ecomic implications of eating. Readings focus on the enjoyment and spirituality of good food, ways in which eating connects us to the land and to each other, and on the ecomic, environmental and cultural impacts of daily food choices. Food and Faith also includes an eight-week study guide for groups or individuals, which leads to action: setting a table that is healthy, joyful and just.
- Author BiographyMichael Schut is a popular teacher, speaker, and Morehouse author, focusing on the nexus between faith, sustainability, economics, and justice. He is currently the economic and environmental affairs officer of the Episcopal Church, following 11 years on the staff of Earth Ministry. His latest book is titled Money & Faith: The Search for Enough (2008), also from Morehouse Publishing. Visit www.michaelschut.org for more details.
- PublisherChurch Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationHarrisburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorehouse Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight18 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine363 mm
- Edited byMichael Schut
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.