All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFood fraud, or the act of defrauding buyers of food or ingredients for ecomic gain -- whether they be consumers or food manufacturers, retailers, and importers -- has vexed the food industry throughout history. Some of the earliest reported cases of food fraud, dating back thousands of years, involved olive oil, tea, wine, and spices. These products continue to be associated with fraud, along with some other foods. Although the vast majority of fraud incidents do t pose a public health risk, some cases have resulted in actual or potential public health risks. This book provides an overview of issues pertaining to food fraud and ecomically motivated adulteration or EMA, a category within food fraud. The book also examines the approaches that FDA uses to detect and prevent ecomic adulteration of food and medical products and the challenges FDA faces in detecting and preventing ecomic adulteration and views of stakeholders on options for FDA to enhance its efforts to address ecomic adulteration.
- Author(s)Darrell T Braden
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight202 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.