All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $32.92
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.19
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $28.36
- AU $7.31Trending at AU $12.23
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.47
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $32.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe ultimate guide to Manhattan's food scene provides the inside scoop on the best places to find, enjoy, and celebrate local culinary offerings. Written for residents and visitors alike to find producers and purveyors of tasty local specialties, as well as a rich array of other, indispensable food-related information including: food festivals and culinary events; specialty food shops; farmers' markets and farm stands; trendy restaurants and time-tested iconic landmarks; and recipes using local ingredients and traditions.
- Author BiographyAlexis Lipsitz Flippin was born and raised in the small-town South. Her Baptist mother prepared exemplary Southern classics and her Jewish grandmother cooked state-of-the-art chopped liver and potato latkes and, in the fashion of the day, dabbled in Cantonese-American specialties-her chicken chow mein was built from scratch. So to grow up in sun-dappled kitchens where three wondrous cuisines commingled and perfumed the air was a pretty powerful culinary apprenticeship of sorts. it's little wonder that the biggest topic of conversation at the Lipsitz family table was the next meal. Now living in downtown New York, Alexis is the author of Frommer's New York Day by Day, Frommer's New York City with Kids, Frommer's Turks & Caicos, and Frommer's St. Maarten/St Martin, Anguilla & St. Barts and coauthor of Frommer's 500 Extraordinary Islands, Frommer's Caribbean, and Frommer's Carolinas & Georgia. She has written for numerous magazines and webzines including CNN.com, MSNBC.com, AARP.com, Away.com, and the Wall Street Journal, and is a former Senior Editor at Frommer's travel guides.
- Author(s)Alexis Lipsitz Flippin
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- SubjectWhere to Stay / Where to Eat & Drink
- Series TitleFood Lovers' Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight19 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.