All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFood, Nutrition and Health takes a holistic approach to the study of food, nutrition and the lifecycle. It canvases the full spectrum of issues relevant to food, nutrition and health, while providing a clear framework for understanding and working with nutrition science by gradually building up a kwledge base and setting it in practice contexts. Key concepts are introduced early then built upon in more detail; a fruitful pedagogical approach that develops kwledge, fosters research skills and encourages critical thinking. Features Controversies - Highlight the complex issues and are easily located in the book's contents Building Blocks: from kwledge to application - help students build kwledge and understand more challenging concepts Try it yourself - encourage students to apply what they've studied to their own lives for greater depth of learning Research in Practice - showcase current research Case Studies - Introduce relevant practical nutrition and diet considerations Food and Nutrition facts - relevant tips and facts that students can discuss. Look inside the brochure to learn more about Food, Nutrition and Health's pedagogical features.
- Author BiographyLinda Tapsell is a Professor in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Wollongong. With a strong initial grounding in healthcare practice, and health personnel education, her long academic career involves researching the effect of dietary intervention on lifestyle related disease. Professor Tapsell directs research centres on food, nutrition and health, and is Editor of the journal Nutrition and Dietetics. She routinely serves as an expert on national and international food and nutrition related committees and science advisory councils. Professor Tapsell is Director, Food and Health/Smart Foods Centre; Editor, Nutrition and Dietetics; Chair, Scientific Program, International Congress Dietetics, Sydney 2012 and Director, Nutrition Research, Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute.
- PublisherOxford University Press Australia
- Date of Publication23/09/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2013
- ImprintOUP Australia and New Zealand
- Content Note134 illustrations
- Weight1040 g
- Width211 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byLinda Tapsell
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.