All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume discusses the effects of naturally occurring and process-generated pro-oxidants and antioxidants on various aspects of food quality. It emphasizes the chemical nature and functional properties of these compounds and their interactions with other food components in storage and processing, specifically focusing on the sensory quality, nutritional value, health promoting activity, and safety aspects of foods. It demonstrates the analysis of pro-oxidants and antioxidants in foods, their mechanism and activity, their chemistry and biochemistry, and the practical considerations of healthy food production and marketing.
- Author BiographyGrzegorz Bartosz received his MS and PhD degrees from the University of Lodz and his DSc degree from the Jagiellonian University of Cracow (Poland). Presently, he is a professor at the Department of Molecular Biophysics of the Faculty of Biology and Protection of the Environment at the University of Lodz and at the Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology of the Faculty of Biology and Agriculture of the University of Rzeszow (Poland). His research interest concentrates on reactive oxygen species and antioxidants. He is an author of more than 300 journal publications, two books, and eight book chapters.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication05/07/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleChemical & Functional Properties of Food Components
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note97 black & white illustrations, 33 black & white tables
- Weight952 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byGrzegorz Bartosz
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.