All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionFood, Power, and Resistance explores the ways in which artistic representations of food and cooks often convey subversive meanings that resist attempts to locate indigeus Andeans-and Quechua women in particular-at the margins of power. This book offers a dynamic, interdisciplinary study of how food's symbolic and pragmatic meanings influence access to power and the possibility of resistance in the colonial and contemporary Andes.
- Author BiographyAlison Krogel is assistant professor of Spanish at the University of Denver.
- Author(s)Alison Krogel
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication16/12/2010
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width162 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.