All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionAnimal products are vital components of the diets and livelihoods of people across sub-Saharan Africa. They are frequently traded in local, unregulated markets and this can pose significant health risks. This volume presents an accessible overview of these issues in the context of food safety, zooses and public health, while at the same time maintaining fair and equitable livelihoods for poorer people across the continent. The book includes a review of the key issues and 25 case studies of the meat, milk, egg and fish food sectors drawn from a wide range of countries in East, West and Southern Africa, as part of the Safe Food, Fair Food project. It describes a realistic analysis of food safety risk by developing a methodology of 'participatory food safety risk assessment', involving small-scale producers and consumers in the process of data collection in a data-poor environment often found in developing countries. This approach aims to ensure market access for poor producers, while adopting a realistic and pragmatic strategy for reducing the risk of food-borne diseases for consumers.
- Author BiographyKristina Roesel is co-ordinator of the Safe Food, Fair Food project, based at the International Livestock Research Institute, Nairobi, Kenya, and also a doctorate candidate at the Free University, Berlin, Germany. Delia Grace is Program Leader, Food Safety and Zoonoses, Integrated Sciences, at the International Livestock Research Institute, Nairobi, Kenya.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note72 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 71 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDelia Grace,Kristina Roesel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.