All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSakamoto is a Japanese American whose insider's view of Japanese cuisine started when she took a unique position in the depachika (epicurean food hall) at the world-rewned Takashimaya department store in Tokyo. Food Sake Tokyo demystifies the ingredients, traditional dishes, and culture surrounding all things culinary in Tokyo. Sakamoto leads the reader to the best food that Tokyo has to offer, explaining and sampling along the way. You'll learn which sushi fish are in season throughout the year; where to find the best knives, lacquerware, pottery, and kitchen gadgets; how to choose sake and shochu. The guide includes lively primers on sea vegetables and wagashi (Japanese confections), cheap eats, and dining customs, as well as how the specialty foods of Japan are produced and prepared and the country's unique food traditions. For anyone interested in Japanese food, this is a must-have lexicon of the tastes and fashions of Tokyo's cuisine.
- Author BiographyTrained at the French Culinary Institute and the American Sommelier Association, Yukari Sakamoto was the first non-Japanese to pass the rigorous exam to become a shochu adviser. She has taught classes on food, wine, and shochu, and has conducted culinary tours of Tokyo's shops and markets. Her writing has been featured in such publications as Food & Wine, Travel & Leisure, Time, The Washington Post, and Time Out Tokyo. She divides her time between Tokyo and New York City. Tokyo native Takuya Suzuki specializes in food, travel, and culture photography. His work can be seen in magazines like Brutus, Goethe, Sotokoto, and Hers, among others
- Author(s)Yukari Sakamoto
- PublisherLittle Bookroom,U.S.
- Date of Publication17/06/2010
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Bookroom,U.S.
- Content NoteColour photographs and maps
- Weight420 g
- Width109 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographs byTakuya Suzuki
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.