All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn to produce crops with improved nutrition to alleviate malurishment--using sustainable agriculture techniques! Utilizing complete food systems to improve nutrition has become a priority in the fight against malnutrition. This book examines all aspects of food systems, drawing on examples from various countries and geographical regions. Bringing together the most recent work of international experts, Food Systems for Improved Human Nutrition provides an important overview of the food systems approach. It also explores the extent of malurishment in different areas; presents case studies from South Asia, China, India, Bangladesh, and East Africa; points to ways to improve food production and nutrient quality; and suggests directions for future research. Helpful charts and tables make the information in this well-referenced book easy to access and understand. Food Systems for Improved Human Nutrition brings you state-of-the-art information on: * the potential benefits of agroforestry systems * how to fortify food with micronutrients * how to design population-appropriate nutrition interventions * the ways that rapid ecomic change can affect human nutrition in a given area * biotech approaches to improve nutrition in rice and maize crops * crossbred cow techlogies in the East African highlands * and much more!
- Author(s)Palit Kataki,Suresh Chandra Babu
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2002
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Content Notech.tabs.
- Weight816 g
- Width156 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $18.72New
- AU $10.89Used
- AU $24.74New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.54New
- AU $6.44Used
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $23.89New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.73Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $77.71
- AU $78.52Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $39.94Trending at AU $43.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.