Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionReflecting the recent surge of activity in food web research fueled by new empirical data, this authoritative volume successfully spans and integrates the areas of theory, basic empirical research, applications, and resource problems. Written by recognized leaders from various branches of ecological research, this work provides an in-depth treatment of the most recent advances in the field and examines the complexity and variability of food webs through reviews, new research, and syntheses of the major issues in food web research. Food Webs features material on the role of nutrients, detritus and microbes in food webs, indirect effects in food webs, the interaction of productivity and consumption, linking cause and effect in food webs, temporal and spatial scales of food web dynamics, applications of food webs to pest management, fisheries, and ecosystem stress. Three comprehensive chapters synthesize important information on the role of indirect effects, productivity and consumer regulation, and temporal, spatial and life history influences on food webs. In addition, numerous tables, figures, and mathematical equations found where else in related literature are presented in this outstanding work. Food Webs offers researchers and graduate students in various branches of ecology an extensive examination of the subject. Ecologists interested in food webs or community ecology will also find this book an invaluable tool for understanding the current state of kwledge of food web research.
- Author(s)Gary A. Polis,Kirk O. Winemiller
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note46 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight920 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.