All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarket rules connect both local farmers and cooks, whether in rural Ireland or downtown Los Angeles, and enable widespread distribution, whether through twelfth-century Mediterranean trade in dried pasta or the w global trade in fresh fish. No wonder people have worked so hard to save markets under threat in Athens, in Dublin, in Nazareth indeed, worldwide.
- Author BiographyThis book is the collected papers from the Oxford Symposium on Food 2014. Edited by Mark McWilliams, it includes the following contributors: Ballymaloe s Darina Allen on farmer s markets in IrelandMastering the art of Soviet cooking by Anya von BremzenJanet Beizer on royal table leftovers in eighteenth-century FranceGarritt Van Dyk on the origins of champagneFood and the Female Body by Mary Gray - paralells between the food market and the prostitution market in Fanny HillGillian Riley on food from Southern Italy which jouneyed North to be painted by Dutch artistsAndrew Coe on the kosher poultry racket in early twentieth-century New YorkDoug Duda on why markets grow while cooking crashes.Dan Strehl on the Hollwood market at the famous Hollywood and Vine intersection.
- PublisherProspect Books
- Date of Publication10/06/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleOxford Symposium on Food
- Series Part/Volume Number33
- Place of PublicationBlackawton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProspect Books
- Content Note25 black and white illustrations
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byMark McWilliams
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $29.11Trending at AU $33.30
- AU $30.72Trending at AU $32.15
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $26.32Trending at AU $28.88
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $35.67Trending at AU $47.59
- AU $16.23Trending at AU $20.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.