All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the importance of food and nutrition becomes more widely recognized by practitioners and researchers in the health sciences, one persisting gap in the kwledge base remains: what are the ecomic factors that influence our food and our health? Food and Nutrition Ecomics offers a much-needed resource for n-ecomists looking to understand the basic ecomic principles that govern our food and nutritional systems. Comprising both a quick grounding in nutrition with the fundamentals of ecomics and expert applications to food systems, it is a uniquely accessible and much-needed bridge between previously disparate scholarly and professional fields. This book is intended for upper level undergraduates, graduate students, and health professionals with background in ecomics who recognize that ecomics affects much of their work. Concerned because previous encounters with ecomics have been hampered by math hurdles? Don't be; this book offers a specialized primer in consumer ecomics (including behavioral ecomics of food consumption), producer ecomics, market-level analysis, cost-effectiveness, and cost-benefit analysis, all in an accessible and conversational manner that requires thing more than middle-school math acumen. Grounding these lessons in contemporary issues such as soft drink taxes, food prices, convenience, nutrition education programs, and the food environment, Food and Nutrition Ecomics is an invative and needed entry in the rapidly expanding universe of food studies, health science, and their related fields.
- Author BiographyGeorge C. Davis is a trained economist and a professor in the Virginia Tech Department of Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise and Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics. His teaching and research programs both are interdisciplinary as he works with health scientists to understand issues at the intersection of nutrition, health, and economics. Elena L. Serrano is a trained nutritionist and associate professor in in the Virginia Tech Department of Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise. She is Director of the Virginia Family Nutrition Program, aimed at promoting healthy eating among SNAP-eligible audiences throughout Virginia, and her research has focused on identifying and testing different programs, initiatives, and strategies to improve dietary quality and prevent childhood obesity among low-income youth.
- Author(s)Elena L. Serrano,George C. Davis
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleFood and Public Health
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight402 g
- Width165 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.