All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNutritional requirements vary greatly according to age and lifestyle. This evidence-based, comprehensive text is a complete guide to eating habits across age and population groups. It provides the recommendations for intakes of nutrients and foods, and diet to achieve optimum health. Chapters systematically examine the nutritional issues for individuals from preconception, pregnancy and breastfeeding through to adulthood and old age. The text features an overview of dietary patterns by age group based on national scientific survey data together with the latest recommendations for optimum nutrition to maintain well-being and address specific health concerns. The final section examines nutrition issues for specific populations including indigeus groups, sports people and the disadvantaged. Throughout the text key points are illustrated by case studies and the reader's kwledge is tested via quizzes and study questions. With chapters from leading nutrition researchers and educators in Australia, New Zealand and Asia, this is an excellent introduction to nutrition through the lifespan.
- Author BiographySHARON CROXFORD is an accredited practising dietitian and senior academic at La Trobe University, Melbourne. She has worked in clinical, community and food service dietetic practice in Australia and the United Kingdom...CATHERINE ITSIOPOULOS is the founding head of the Department of Dietetics and Human Nutrition at La Trobe University, Melbourne. She is an accredited practising dietitian with almost 30 years' experience in academia, research and clinical practice...ADRIENNE FORSYTH is a dual-qualified accredited practising dietitian and accredited exercise physiologist, and is a lecturer in dietetics and human nutrition at La Trobe University, Melbourne...REGINA BELSKI is an accredited practising dietitian and senior lecturer and researcher in the Department of Dietetics and Human Nutrition at La Trobe University, Melbourne...ANTONIA (TANIA) THODIS is a clinical dietitian and is involved in nutrition research and teaching at La Trobe University, Melbourne...SUE SHEPHERD is an advanced accredited practicing dietitian and a senior lecturer at La Trobe University, Melbourne...AUDREY TIERNEY is a senior clinical dietitian at Alfred Health and a senior lecturer and academic at La Trobe University, Melbourne.
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width190 mm
- Height255 mm
- Edited byAdrienne Forsyth,Antonia Thodis,Audrey Tierney,Catherine Itsiopoulos,Regina Belski,Sharon Croxford,Sue Shepherd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.