All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.76
- AU $31.28Trending at AU $42.66
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $30.43
- AU $31.79Trending at AU $50.02
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $17.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis bibliography fills a gap in the reference literature on nutrition in the Middle East by providing abstracts of all studies published from 1970 through 1986. It continues the work that was started by A Decade of Nutrition Research in the Arab World 1960-1970, published by the American University of Beirut. The geographic scope of the bibliography includes Algeria, Bahrain, egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Leban, Libya, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emiratges, and North and South Yemen; it also includes studies from other countries, such as Afghanistan, that have substantial Arab or Islamic populations. Information is also supplied for works that examine the nutrition of Middle Eastern guest workers and their families in Europe, or which focus on Islamic migrants to that continent. Relevant intercountry studies, projects, and conferences are referenced as well. The population focus of this bibliography is on people who consume primarily the Middle Eastern diet. Although human nutrition is the main subject, this necessarily also involves works which treat animal nutrition, toxicology, agriculture, epidemiology, parasitology, food techlogy, medical therapy, and cultural practices. The bibliography is organized and cross-indexed by years of publication, country examined, first author's last name, and main and secondary topics for ease of use. English-language abstracts are provided for every article.
- Author BiographyGail G. Harrison is a Professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine of the University of Arizona's College of Medicine. Osman M. Galal is Chairman, Board of Directors of the Nutrition Institute in Cairo, Egypt and Visiting Professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Arizona. Mary E. Mohs is a Graduate Research Associate at the Department of Family and Community Medicine at the University of Arizona.
- Author(s)Gail G. Harrison,Mary Mohs,Osman M. Galal
- Date of Publication06/10/1988
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Science & Technology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight568 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.