About this product
- DescriptionThe key events, figures and chrology of World War II provide the backdrop to the experiences of civilians during the war years. The different experiences of children and their families are shown from a child's perspective. Everyday lives are explored using real sources and accounts form the period including newspaper articles, posters, speeches and personal recollections. Readers are encouraged to identify with those who experienced the war.
- Author BiographyPeter Hicks teaches history and archaeology and has a special enthusiasm for 'digging up the past'. He has wide experience of writing about history for children.
- Author(s)Peter Hicks
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication14/01/2010
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleIn the War
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content Note20
- Weight156 g
- Width208 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.