All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConcern about our food system is growing, from the costs of industrial farming to the dominant role of supermarkets and recurring scandals about the origins and content of what we eat. Food for Change documents the way alternative food movements respond to these concerns by trying to create more closed ecomic circuits within which people kw where, how, and by whom their food is produced. Jeff Pratt, Peter Luetchford and other contributors explore the key political and ecomic questions of food through the everyday experience and vivid insights of farmers and consumers, using fieldwork from case studies in four European countries (France, Spain, Italy and England). Food for Change is an insightful consideration of connections between food and wider ecomic relations and draws on a rich vein of anthropological writing on the topic.
- Author BiographyJeff Pratt is Senior Research Fellow in Anthropology at the University of Sussex. He is the author of Class, Nation and Identity: The Anthropology of Political Movements (Pluto, 2003). Pete Luetchford is Lecturer in Anthropology at the University of Sussex. He is the author of Fair Trade and a Global Commodity: Coffee in Costa Rica (Pluto, 2007).
- Author(s)Jeff Pratt,Pete Luetchford
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication09/12/2013
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleAnthropology, Culture and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight318 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.