All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe availability of food is an especially significant issue in zones of conflict because conflictnearly always impinges on the production and the distribution of food, and causes increased competition for food, land and resources Controlling the production of and access to food can also be used as a weapon by protagonists in conflict. The logistics of supply of food to military personnel operating in conflictzones is ather important issue. These themes unite this collection, the chapters of which span different geographic areas. This volume will appeal to scholars in a number of different disciplines, including anthropology, nutrition, political science, development studies and international relations, as well as practitioners working in the private and public sectors, who are currently concerned with food-related issues in the field.
- Author BiographyPaul Collinson is a Research Associate and former part-time lecturer in the Dept of Anthropology at Oxford Brookes University. As well as the anthropology of food, his research interests include the anthropology of development and applied anthropology. His research is focused on the Republic of Ireland where he has been conducting anthropological fieldwork since the late 1990s. Helen Macbeth is President of the International Commission on the Anthropology of Food and Nutrition and is an Honorary Research Fellow in Anthropology, Oxford Brookes University. Her main academic interest is in fostering cooperation between biological and social scientists. She has previously edited or co-edited seven volumes, four of which are in this series.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleAnthropology of Food and Nutrition
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note16 illus.
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byHelen M. Macbeth,Paul Collinson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.