All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFood trucks are hitting the streets from Miami to Maui but greasy reheated tacos and soggy burgers are a thing of the past. Today's mobile eateries have foodies flocking for gourmet bacon jam burgers, delicious Parisian-style crepes, and decadent handcrafted organic ice cream cones just to name a few. A less expensive alternative to opening a brick-and-mortar restaurant, food trucks, food trailers, food carts, and even food bicycles can be started by anyone whether you're a trained chef or an amateur baker. If you've ever dreamed of jumping on the food truck bandwagon this book will provide you with all the information necessary to get you on the road. Highlights include: * Understanding all the startup costs and sources for purchasing or leasing your kitchen on wheels; * Building a business plan that will guide decision making and set you up for success; * Scouting locations for optimal visability and sales; * Calculating your true product costs and how to price your menu in a way that will be profitable; * Connecting with customers inexpensively by using traditional marketing tools and social media to keep them coming back for more; and * Appendices containing detailed worksheets that clearly walk you through the financial side of the business and comprehensive lists of resources and business licensing offices broken down by state and territory.
- Author BiographyA culinary professional who spent years working as a professional pastry chef for a luxury hotel chain, Jennifer Lewis founded her own small food company in 2006. In addition to a culinary degree, Jennifer also holds an MBA from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management with a concentration in Entrepreneurship, Marketing, and Finance.
- Author(s)Jennifer Lewis
- PublisherRabbit Ranch Publishing
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRabbit Ranch Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.