All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHawaii restaurateur Bill Tobin tells the story of his love affair with Hawaiian cuisine--and all the nuances associated with Hawaiian fare. He does so through a series of affectionate letters to his mother, in their Midwest USA farm town. Through these highly personal letters, Tobin and author Brian Berusch explore every ingredient, dish and the chefs behind them--which about-faced Tobin's vocation into a career Foodist on the islands, including a stint as the president of the Hawaii Restaurant Association. Through each chapter we see the evolution of Tobin's palate, right through to the meeting of his wife and the start of his own family, whom are still highly immersed in the food arts there.
- Author BiographyBill Tobin grew up in a small farming community in Nebraska. After a stint in the U.S. Army prior he moved to Hawaii to attain a Business Administration degree. After founding his own restaurant company, he went on to be the Managing Partner and CEO of Tiki's Grill and Bar LLC as well as chairman of the Hawaii Restaurant Association and technical advisor to Running a Bar for Dummies published by Wiley and Sons, Inc. He lives on Honolulu. Brian Berusch has directed and edited various national lifestyle magazines, as well as written articles for more than two dozen titles, including Town & Country, Saveur, Wine Enthusiast and Departures. He has appeared on The Today Show as a travel and food expert. Berusch's first book was a private memoir for Aniello Lauro, celebrated hotelier of the famed Splendid Royale in Lugano, Switzerland. He lives on Honolulu.
- Author(s)Bill Tobin
- PublisherCameron & Company Inc
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCameron & Company Inc
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.