All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces the principles of foodomics through the review of advanced Mass Spectrometry (MS) techlogies applied to this new discipline. The coverage details specific omics approaches based on MS techlogies that have been (or can be) applied in foodomics, providing a picture of the most invative applications and future trends. It explains the fundamental branches of foodomics such as metabolomics, proteomics, and systems biology. And it provides a global perspective on omics approaches based on MS techniques combined with systems biology in food science and nutrition, a topic t covered so far.
- Author BiographyALEJANDRO CIFUENTES, PhD, is Full Research Professor at the National Research Council (CSIC) in Madrid, Spain. He has authored more than 200 SCI papers and is Editor of two journals: TrAC Trends in Analytical Chemistry and Electrophoresis. Dr. Cifuentes was the first to define the new discipline of foodomics in an SCI journal. His research centers on the development of advanced analytical methods for foodomics, food quality and safety, as well as the isolation and identification of biologically active natural products.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- Series TitleWiley Series on Mass Spectrometry
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight958 g
- Width157 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byAlejandro Cifuentes
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.