All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIN THIS NOSE-TO-TAIL culinary confessional, acclaimed velist and reluctant gourmet Timothy Taylor makes a three-course meal out of our food-obsessed culture. When and how did we all get so hyped up about eating? What drives our foodie fixations? And is it possible to make an edible meal cribbed entirely from mid-seventies cookbooks? Foodville recounts Taylor's fascination with food critic culture, his recollection of meals miserable and sublime, and his experimentation with cooking at the cutting edge (and in the deepest recesses of the out-of-fashion). Feast your way through dining rooms from Vancouver to Spain with this critical and affectionate portrait of what we really talk about when we talk about food.
- Author BiographyTimothy Taylor is an award-winning author and journalist. He has published two works of nonfiction and four works of fiction, including The Blue Light Project and Stanley Park. He lives in Vancouver, BC.
- Author(s)Timothy Taylor
- PublisherNonvella Publishing
- Date of Publication25/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNonvella Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.07New
- AU $14.68New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $33.91Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $29.41Trending at AU $35.67
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $44.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.