Fooling Some of the People All of the Time: A Long Short (and Now Complete) Story, Updated with New Epilogue by David Einhorn (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA revealing look at Wall Street, the financial media, and financial regulators by David Einhorn, the President of Greenlight Capital Could 2008's credit crisis have been minimized or even avoided? In 2002, David Einhorn-one of the country's top investors-was asked at a charity investment conference to share his best investment advice. Short sell Allied Capital. At the time, Allied was a leader in the private financing industry. Einhorn claimed Allied was using questionable accounting practices to prop itself up. Sound familiar? At the time of the original version of Fooling Some of the People All of the Time: A Long Short Story the outcome of his advice was unkwn. Now, the story is complete and we kw Einhorn was right. In 2008, Einhorn advised the same conference to short sell Lehman Brothers. And had the market been more open to his warnings, yes, the market meltdown might have been avoided, or at least minimized. Details the gripping battle between Allied Capital and Einhorn's Greenlight Capital Illuminates how questionable company practices are maintained and, at times, even protected by Wall Street Describes the failings of investment banks, analysts, journalists, and government regulators Describes how many parts of the Allied Capital story were replayed in the debate over Lehman Brothers Fooling Some of the People All of the Time is an important call for effective government regulation, free speech, and fair play.
- Author BiographyDAVID EINHORN is the president of Greenlight Capital, which he cofounded in January 1996. Greenlight Capital is a value-oriented investment advisor whose goal is to achieve high absolute rates of return while minimizing the risk of capital loss. Einhorn is the Chairman of Board of Greenlight Capital RE and also serves on the boards of Hillel; The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research; and of the Robin Hood Foundation.
- Author(s)David Einhorn
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2011
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight534 g
- Width153 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword byJoel Greenblatt
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.