All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAssociate Professor Gale Ruthven, a vampire with nearly four hundred years of service at eighty-three colleges and universities, teaches British Romantic poetry at an obscure commuter college somewhere in far West Texas, enjoying an existence of literary research, student papers, and the bare amount of blood-sucking necessary to survive. His chief aggravation is the Regency Romantic poet, Lord Byron, on whom he fed in 1816 and who refuses to play the role of submissive underling. When a powerful and seductive vampire named Tempest joins the faculty, Ruthven becomes entangled in a dark mystery involving ancient vampire cults in Mexico and the American Southwest, a hippie vampire named Via Medea, grave robbers in Byron's Gothic ancestral estate in Nottinghamshire, and a shadowy vampire associate from Ruthven's early nineteenth-century past-all of which lead him on a wild chase across two continents and to a final showdown in the New Mexico badlands.
- Author BiographyThomas Schmid lives with his wife Joanie in El Paso, where he has taught for 25 years. He is Professor of English at the University of Texas at El Paso, USA, and the author or editor of books on Humor and Transgression in the Shelley circle, Romanticism and Pleasure (co-edited with Michelle Faubert), and A Student Guide to Writing about Literature.
- Author(s)Thomas H. Schmid
- PublisherTexas Review Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHuntsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Review Press
- Weight525 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.