Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.06Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description2011 reprint of the 1962 edition. Full facsimile of the original edition, t reproduced with Optical Recognition Software. Considered the bible of scouting techniques according to the Los Angeles Times, Football Scouting Methods explains the basic scouting strategies and insights of author Steve Belichick. He was widely viewed as the ablest football scout of his time and coached at the U.S. Naval Academy for 33 years; his son is New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, a three-time Super Bowl winner. When Steve Belichick died in November 2005, the New York Times headline cited him as Coach Who Wrote the Book on Scouting, and quoted Houston Texans General Manager Charley Casserly calling Football Scouting Methods the best book on scouting he had ever read. Joe Belli, Navy's Heisman Trophy winner in 1960, told the Times that Steve Belichick was a genius. On Monday nights, he would give us his scouting reports, and even though we were playing powerhouses, I always felt we were prepared because he found a way for us to win. In recent years Football Scouting Methods has been one of the top ten most sought out-of-print books; used copies have been quite scarce. This reissue edition makes the original 1962 text available once again in exact facsimile. The book covers how to scout opponents, recognize defenses, analyze offenses, discover tip-offs that reveal the opponent's plays, compose a useful report, self-scout, and conduct postgame analysis. Steve Belichick taught many younger men how to scout and how to watch film and how to prepare their teams for the next week's game, David Halberstam ted in the Washington Post, and his best student was his own son Bill Belichick, one of whose greatest skills as a coach to this day remains his ability to analyze other teams, figuring out both their strengths and their vulnerabilities, and shrewdly deciding how to take away from them that which they most want to do. When CBS asked Bill Belichick to name his favorite book, he replied Well, I've got to go with my dad's. Football Scouting Methods. I'd have to go with that.
- Author(s)Steve Belichick
- PublisherMartino Fine Books
- Date of Publication02/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMartino Fine Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.