Football and Accelerated Culture: This Modern Sporting Life by Professor Steve Redhead (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $189.06+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $161.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionIn Football and Accelerated Culture, Steve Redhead offers a new and challenging theorisation of global football culture, exploring the relationship between sport and culture in a rapidly shifting world. Incorporating cutting-edge concepts, from accelerated culture and claustropolitanism to n-postmodernity, he reflects on the demise of working class football cultures and the rapid media globalisation of 'the people's game'. Drawing on international empirical research and a unique and ground-breaking study of football hooligan memoirs, the book delves into a wide array of disciplines, examining fascinating topics such as the relationship between music and football; hooligans and ultras; the rise of social media and anti-modern football movements; and ultra-realist crimilogy. Football and Accelerated Culture offers a new way of thinking about sporting cultures that expands the boundaries of physical cultural studies. As such, it is important reading for anybody with an interest in the culture of sport and leisure, social theory, communication studies, crimilogy or socio-legal studies.
- Author BiographySteve Redhead is Professor of Jurisprudence in the Faculty of Arts at Charles Sturt University, Australia. Steve is also Adjunct Professor in the Graduate Studies Programme in Humanities in the Faculty of Graduate Studies at York University, Canada. He has published fifteen books including: Sing When You're Winning: The Last Football Book, Football With Attitude, Rave Off, The Passion and The Fashion: Football Fandom in the New Europe, Post-Fandom and The Millennial Blues: The Transformation of Soccer Culture, Paul Virilio: Theorist for an Accelerated Culture, The Paul Virilio Reader and The Jean Baudrillard Reader. His book We Have Never Been Postmodern: Theory at the Speed of Light was nominated for the American Comparative Literature Association Rene Wellek Prize. Steve edits the Subcultural Style book series for Bloomsbury and is a reviewer for the Times Higher Education. He is Associate Editor of CrimeTalk and a member of many journal editorial boards, including CrimeTalk, Sport in Society, International Journal of Child, Youth and Family Studies, fusion, I-M e-journal, and Entertainment and Sports Law Journal
- Author(s)Professor Steve Redhead
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.