All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFootprints on Monte Cassi describes the challenge a 73-year old man faced, as he walked solo, following the trails on the battlefield for the Monte Cassi Massive, where his Polish father and thousands of others walked, fought, died, survived. Share with the author his thoughts, his history, his vision as he relieves the mental anguish, the inhumanity, and the glory of this battlefield. You will find here 20 photographs, 12 of which are from the time of the battle. The book also gives GPS coordinates for walking the Infer Track, the Big and Small Bowls, and the location of monuments. Use this book as a travel guide-with-a-difference to experience this episode in the history of WW2. Or, on the 70th Anniversary of this battle, take up the author's challenge to the young and t-so-young to walk the trails for themselves.
- Author BiographyJerry Kubica was born in 1939 in what was then Poland, and is now Belarus. In April 1940, he, his mother and two sisters were deported by the Soviets to Siberia; his father was sent to GULAG camps near Murmansk. The German attack on the Soviet Union in June 1941 reprieved many Poles; his father joined the Anders Army, fought at Monte Cassino, and the family eventually reunited in the UK in 1947. Poland for his family was closed at the time, so he grew up in the UK, graduated there, worked in the oil & chemicals industry, and as business consultant. He has also lived and worked in the USA and France for a number of years yet, each time, returned to the UK where he now lives with his wife, two daughters and grandchildren. Over the past ten years he has travelled with a backpack In the Footsteps of Our Fathers in Western Europe, Belarus, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and searched for the footprints of the GULAG camps across Russia and Kazakhstan. Footprints on Monte Cassino is his first story published in support of the Charity Our Roots Trust of which he is the founding member. His second book Footprints in Stalin's Garden of Eden will be released shortly.
- Author(s)Jerry Kubica
- Date of Publication20/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.