All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnlike her brothers and sisters, Anthea cant see, so when they all go to the beach one day, their mother tells them to take care of her. While they are all playing on the sand, a thick fog rolls in from the ocean. Suddenly it's up to Anthea to get everyone home safely. Written by the legendary Margaret Mahy and with artwork by master illustrator Gavin Bishop, this is a beautifully told story that will give readers young and old a new perspective on blindness. Mahy and Bishop have both donated their royalties for this project to the Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind.
- Author BiographyDate- 2013-08-06 Margaret Mahy is internationally recognised as one of today's best writers for young readers, her books having been translated into all the major languages of the world. Twice winner of the prestigious Carnegie Medal, she has also won the Esteher Glen Award five times and the Observer Teenage Fiction Award once. Born in a country town in New Zealand, the oldest of a family of five, with over twenty cousins in the surrounding neighbourhood, Margaret Mahy grew up with a strong sense of being part of a close family. She lives near Christchurch in New Zealand. In 1936, the year Margaret Mahy was born, only four books for children were published in New Zealand. Mahy was influential in changing the landscape of children's literature in her homeland - one of the most prolific of authors, she penned over 100 titles. Her output includes poetry, picture books, works for older children, teenage novels, television scripts and stories for magazines and newspapers. Mahy grew up in a close family with five brothers and sisters. Her always vivid imagination made life at school interesting rather than easy. After seeing The Jungle Book, she announced to her astonished seven-year-old classmates that she could talk to animals - 'I had to resort to talking a certain gibberish and eating leaves and drinking out of puddles to prove how close I was to the
- Author(s)Margaret Mahy
- PublisherPenguin Group (NZ)
- Date of Publication24/10/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight165 g
- Width181 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gavin Bishop
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.