All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe system of theology kwn as Calvinism has been immensely influential for the past five hundred years, but it is often encountered negatively as a fatalistic belief system that confines human freedom and renders human action and choice irrelevant. Taking us beyond the caricatures, Michael Horton invites us to explore the teachings of Calvinism, also commonly kwn as Reformed theology, by showing us how it is biblical and God-centered, leading us to live our lives for the glory of God. Horton explores the historical roots of Calvinism, walking readers through the distinctive kwn as the Five Points, and encouraging us to consider its rich resources for faith and practice in the 21st Century. As a companion to Roger Olson's Against Calvinism, readers will be able to compare contrasting perspectives and form their own opinions on the merits and weaknesses of Calvinism.
- Author BiographyMichael Horton is the author of over 20 books and host of the White Horse Inn, a nationally syndicated radio program. He is the professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California and the editor-in-chief of Modern Reformation magazine. A popular blogger and sought-after lecturer, he resides in Escondido, California with his wife and children.
- Author(s)Michael S. Horton
- Date of Publication18/10/2011
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.