All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.59Trending at AU $44.44
About this product
- DescriptionIllus. in full color. These nsense verses combine the domestic and thegross, deadpan and slapstick, with a lilting rhythm and satisfying rhyme. Thepoets are well-kwn contemporaries including Prelutsky, Silverstein, Kuskin, Lobel, Viorst, and many more. The design is ebullient. Start or end story hourwith these verses, and kids will kw reading's a pleasure. --(starred) Booklist.
- Author BiographyJack Prelutsky was born in Brooklyn, New York. He attended New York City Public Schools and studied voice at the High School of Music and Art. He enrolled in Hunter College in Manhattan but left soon after to become a beatnik. Jack has been a cab driver, a busboy, a photographer, a furniture mover, a potter, and a folk singer. He enjoys bicycling, playing racquetball, woodworking and cooking. He lives in Washington State with his wife Carolynn and a vast collection of poetry books and frogs in every shape, size, and form -- except living! There was a time when Jack couldn't stand poetry. In grade school he had a teacher who left him with the impression that poetry was the literary equivalent of liver. He rediscovered poetry in his twenties, and he decided that he would write about things that kids really cared about, and that he would strive to make poetry delightful. He has been writing poetry for more than twenty years and has published more than three dozen books for children.
- Author(s)Jack Prelutsky
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight489 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJack Prelutsky
- Illustrator(s)Marjorie Priceman
- Reading AgeFrom 2 to 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.