CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.03
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.40
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.22
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.19
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $13.38
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.11
About this product
- DescriptionThere's a game that takes place far away from the sporting pitch - it's played out in boardrooms, meeting rooms, courts and the media. It's a game called 'playing for dollars'. A more accurate description might be: 'fighting for dollars'. There are referees and rules. Sports owners and administrators constantly try to keep their labour costs to a minimum - just like any other business. Players through their union and agents are constantly trying to push salaries as high as they reasonably can in the kwledge that a player's earning potential is limited. In the hurly burly of playing for dollars it is easy for fans and commentators to think the players are simply playing for money and t for the love of the game...and that is just what the sports administrators want the fans and commentators to think. The truth is, in the author's experience at least, that the players are playing for both - for love and money. The two are t mutually exclusive.
- Author(s)Tony Dempsey
- PublisherNew Holland Publishers
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectUnclassifiable: no BIC
- Place of PublicationFrenchs Forest
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.