Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionArranged as a mother s survival guide to her daughter, For Tamara is a touching and inventive collection of poems about surviving and thriving from the author of The Work of Days. Ostensibly intended as a document of essential practical and emotional advice, this handbook ultimately acts as a reassuring record of help and of hope. Anticipating her daughter s needs, from basic necessities and medical care to law and order, literature, science, and family, the mother provides her daughter with the means to persist in the face of adversity, disaster, and the everyday. With profound elegance, humor, and haunting emotion, Sarah Lang reminds us that often the most necessary tool for survival is an affirmation of love at a time of loss. For Tamara confirms the deft touch and delicate power of this striking poet.
- Author BiographySarah Lang was born in northwestern Canada. She completed an M.F.A. at Brown University. Her debut poetry collection is The Work of Days, and her writing, which includes poetry, prose, personal, critical, and medical essays, has been published in Canada, Great Britain, and the United States. She has translated work from Latin, Ancient Greek, French, Ukrainian, Japanese, and Mandarin. She lives in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Author(s)Sarah Lang
- PublisherHouse of Anansi Press
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHouse of Anansi Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.