All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionRick Bass is unparalleled in his ability to evoke the enduring truths of the human heart amid astonishing portraits of wilderness both within and without. In his world we encounter larger-than-life characters--a couple that escapes from a sudden blizzard by traversing a frozen lake beneath the ice, or a young boxer who flees from a charging horse as a means of training for bar fights--each attempting to triumph against fate and time, in rugged landscapes that both save and destroy. These stories, filled with magic, beauty, and grandeur, are crafted with an artist's eye for detail. Together they present an iconic American writer at his peak, and form the landmark Rick Bass book that every fiction reader must have.
- Author BiographyRick Bass, a National Book Critics Circle Award finalist for his memoir Why I Came West, was born and raised in Texas, worked as a petroleum geologist in Mississippi, and has lived in Montana's Yaak Valley for almost three decades. His short fiction, which has appeared in The New Yorker, The Atlantic, Esquire, and The Paris Review, as well as numerous times in Best American Short Stories, has earned him multiple O. Henry Awards and Pushcart Prizes as well as NEA and Guggenheim fellowships.
- Author(s)Rick Bass
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Weight703 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.